Ute Indian Tribe

Largemouth Bass

It has come to our attention that some of the Largemouth Bass in Bottle Hollow are currently being parasitized with roundworm and/or tapeworm. Both of these are common parasites for fish, particularly during summer months. Fish with parasites are safe to eat and do not present a health concern as long as the meat is cooked thoroughly. If you would like additional information, please click the following link for detailed information about cooking and consuming fish with parasites:


Update: We have had several questions regarding the safety of Bottle Hollow for recreation. As these parasites are fish specific, it is completely safe to swim and recreate in Bottle Hollow.

Should you have additional questions, please contact Fish and Wildlife.